1. How Many People would be at an
- Based on projected guidelines, a socially distanced
camp will be based on no more than 10 people
on a court at once, with no contact drills or drills
requiring anyone to be less than 6 feet apart.
2. What other precautions will be taken?
- Anyone attending socially distanced camp including
staff would need to certify every day at check in that
no one in their household has had symptoms.
- Check in will be split to different check in desks
with staggered times.
- No visitors will be allowed inside the school past the
check in points.
- All activities including lunch will have special formats
or seating arrangements to ensure everyone is 6 feet
- We will follow best practices for cleaning and
disinfecting all facilities daily.
3. How will we decide whether to offer a
socially distanced option or just online camp
each week ?
-We will follow current NYC specific guidelines for
summer camp and decide the Thursday night before
a camp the following week is set to begin so parents
have time to make any needed adjustments to their
4. Is there any chance camp will be more
like a normal summer?
-If there are tremendous breakthroughs in the fight
against COVID 19 and NYC lessens restrictions on
summer camps, it is possible we could have camp
with something closer to a normal format.
Even in these scenarios we will still take every
precaution possible to keep camp clean, to avoid
visitors, and to have everyone certify no symptoms
in their household at check in each day.
5. How will NBA player appearances
and autographs work?
-NBA players will do virtual appearances if they
cant make it in person due to COVID 19.
This will include leading drills, Q and A, and
mailing everyone an autograph.
Everyone will also be able to get zoom
pictures and videos of them in their workout
with the player.